MEET OUR JESUS
- The “Good News” of Jesus Christ is both simple and magnificent. We at SCGBC believe there are two over-arching perspectives of the gospel, that when taken together provide the clearest explanation of the Good News of Jesus Christ.
"IN THE AIR"- WHAT IS GOD ACCOMPLISHING
* A perfect, holy and just God initiated a perfect creation.
* Sin entered in, man succumbed to sin, and as such, sin entered into all mankind.
* God redeemed mankind through the sacrifice, burial, and resurrection of His perfect Son (Jesus Christ) on the cross.
* God is working His perfect will, even now, through the lives of believers, founded on Christ and accomplished through the power of the Holy Spirit.
* There will be a day when God’s perfection will be fully reconciled through the returning of His Son.
"ON THE GROUND"- WHAT THIS MEANS FOR ME AND YOU
* All mankind (including you and I) ARE both sinful and affected by sin
* The most devastating aspect of our sin is death (spiritual death) and this separates us from a perfect and loving God forever.
* Christ, as a perfect sacrifice and substitute on our behalf, paid the full cost for all of mankind and OUR sin on the cross 2,000 years ago.
* He then was buried and rose again three days later and in His resurrection he conquered both death and the grave OFFERING eternal life freely to all who believe.
RESPONSE- WHAT NOW?
* Faith and Repentence – these are not two distinct responses but rather two views of the same response – For example:
Imagine standing on a beach with your back to the sea. In turning around, you only turn once, but there are two ways to describe it. You could say that you turned toward the ocean, or you could say that you turned away from the beach. In the same way, faith and repentance are akin to two ways of describing the same turn. Repentance is turning away from sin, while faith is turning toward God.
* God has provided all you need for reconciliation, redemption, and restoration
* He has done so in the person and work of Jesus Christ
* Put your faith and trust in Him.
If you feel a prompting to respond to this message, to turn from sin and to the Savior, or simply have questions to discuss, we would love to talk to you. Below are two options:
Come forward TO TALK TO SOMEONE DURING ONE OF OUR SERVICES