- that the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. it is without error and is a guide to help us live our lives fully through christ
- we believe in the deity of jesus christ. That he was born a virgin, was sinless in human form, performed miracles, sacrificed himself for the sins of all mankind through the shedding of his blood and death on the cross, was buried and rose again, now resides at the right hand of God the father, and will one day return in all power and glory.(romans 5:8-10, Matthew 1:18-25)
- salvation is a beautiful free gift of god offered to all mankind by the grace of god and is received through a personal faith in the lord jesus christ. we believe that salvation is forever. (Ephesians 2:8-9 romans 5:12-19)
- the church is the bride of christ and body of christ. we are a spiritual family that should love one another in purity of heart, being responsible for one another and keeping the unity of the spirit. we believe in the two sacrements of the church: water baptism and communion as a reminder and representation of all that jesus christ has done for us. we believe that neither is essential for salvation but serve as a sign of our faith in him.
- THAT EVERYTHING GOD INTENDS FOR ALL LIVES IS CENTERED AROUND THE GOSPEL (FOR A CLEARER EXPLANATION OF THE GOSPEL CLICK HERE) THIS MEANS THAT GOD BOTH REDEEMS LIVES (EPHESIANS 1:7) AND THEN TRANSFORMS LIVES (ROMANS 12:2) THROUGH THE POWER OF THE GOSPEL. EVERYTHING WE AIM TO DO AT SCGBC IS CENTERED ON THE GOSPEL.
- THAT GOD’S INTENTION IS TO USE HIS PEOPLE TO DECLARE THE GOSPEL (MATTHEW 28). THIS HAS BEEN THE INTENT FROM THE BEGINNING, FROM THE MOMENT OF HIS FIRST COVENANT AND SUBSEQUENT COVENANTS WITH HIS PEOPLE, THROUGH CHRIST’S DEATH ON THE CROSS, CONTINUED THROUGH THE LIVES OF BELIEVERS, AND FINALLY CONSUMMATED THROUGHOUT ALL ETERNITY. WE BELIEVE THAT GOD HAS COMMANDED HIS REDEEMED TO DECLARE HIS GOSPEL, AND THEREFORE HIS GLORY, IN ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE (I CORINTHIANS 10:31). WE LONG TO BE A CHURCH BODY THAT DECLARES HIS GOSPEL.
- THAT GOD HAS NOT REDEEMED HIS PEOPLE TO BE STATIONARY. WE ARE BOTH SOJOURNERS PASSING THROUGH AND ALIENS IN A FOREIGN LAND. AS SUCH WE ARE CALLED TO GO TO THOSE WHO ARE IN NEED OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST BOTH IN THE NEIGHBORHOODS IN WHICH WE LIVE (LOCALLY) AND TO FOREIGN LANDS (GLOBALLY). WE BELIEVE THAT THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL, BUT RATHER A COMMAND FROM OUR FATHER THAT WE MUST HEED. WE ARE COMMITTED AT SCGBC TO TAKE THE GOSPEL EVERYWHERE GOD CALLS US TO GO.